Few years back, I could tell you that I was not as confident as I am today. This trying times of the pandamic, I am financially secured. That came with a good financial plan. I was never the one to over spend or indulge. Only spent on good quality items/products/service, even if it was expensive because, I knew it was a long term investment. I was never about short term gains.
However, most people look for the short term indulgement, excitement and gains. In my opinion, that gives you just the happiness for today. I hate how some people actually use mental issues and anxiety as an excuse to gaining these short term happiness. For example, I needed that shopping therapy and it made me happy for the time being. Yes, that is okay for time to time, but not always. That cannot be your every day excuse.
If you have a long term objective then show me you are hard working enough to work towards it. My long term objective right now is sustainability. I want to make my money work for me and have sustainable income flowing and addition to that a bigger space. That is my target, and that is what I am working towards.
I segmented my money into through portions,
- Rainy day savings – most important. You never know when you might need it for any legal/medical issues or other issues.
- Money to invest – Cash that is just for investment that comes in with my income.
- Money for expenses – Cash that is necessity
- Money that goes into my RRSP – Mutual funds (not a lot) – Since this handled by banks, the dividends are being reinvested by an advisor / RRSP self directed stocks
- TSFA – Mutual funds/Self directed stocks
So other than my rainy day savings, you can see that my money is not sitting stagnet. If you don’t have investment accounts then I would suggest you do some research and get on top of it.
Please support me on my journey and share if you found this valuable!!!
TikTok: Dlaofficial_ – Check out my latest Niagara falls outing!
YouTube: Love you guys for suscribing already!